Monday, July 26, 2010

Packing my bags

The time has come and I am going to "pack a bag." To me this makes it official and scary -- not that the large stomach, weight gain and baby stuff galore taking up our house shouldn't have already done this, but hey each person has differing defining moments.
The much anticipated arrival of miss Ella Harper Morgan is very close. I am 35 weeks this week (wow how time flies), so I need to get prepared for the unexpected. I've made a list from gathered information online.


Here are the items I'm packing for my life changing day:) Well, the items I've read or heard I will need.
  • Extra Blanket in the car
  • Extra Towels in the car
  • Tooth brush for me and John & toothpaste
  • Camera - with new card
  • Flip Camera - with extra batteries
  • Wash Clothes
  • T-shirts - three?
  • Comfortable pants - two?
  • Lots of underwear
  • Nursing bra?
  • Sports bra
  • Change of Clothes for John
  • Chapstick
  • makeup
  • Lots of socks
  • Hair thingies
  • A robe
  • Shampoo & Conditioner
  • Night Gown - sleep clothes
  • Baby book
For Ella
  • Blanket
  • Clothes
  • Outfit to go home in
Is there anything I should add to the list? Would love to know:)

All the best,
ChitChatChic
Jesse

4 comments:

  1. ok so this might be too much info but I would highly recommend buying some depends. It will be much better than wearing a big bulky pad in your underwear. Sorry if this is tmi but I did not have these with my first and figured it out throught someone else before I had my second.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HeHe. Ive heard they come in handy:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This just made me so nervous for you!! I am saying prayers for you girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My advice would be try not to overpack. I brought all these clothes thinking I'd want to change out of the hospital gowns, but I didn't realize how much you bleed after the birth, and I didn't want that getting on my clothes! So I stayed in hospital gowns the whole time. They provide you with everything, even socks and underwear (which you will bleed all over and then they throw away). (Nobody told me you stuff like that beforehand, but it's totally normal!) I also brought a fully packed diaper bag, not realizing the hospital provides clothes, blankets, diapers, wipes, burp cloths, etc. for baby the entire time. I think the only stuff I brought that I actually used were my birthing ball (LIFESAVER!! During the early contractions I only wanted to sit on that; the bed and chairs were too uncomfortable), birth plan to hand to the nurses, camera, slippers (for walking around the hospital during and after labor), hair thingie, nursing bra, going home outfit for me and baby (you'll still wear maternity clothes), toiletries (again they provide you with everything, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, soap, lotion, mouthwash, etc. but I wanted to use my own), and my cell phone. Hubby brought a small backpack with a few changes of clothes and his toothbrush. But yeah you really don't need too much!

    ReplyDelete