I leave most of the cooking responsibilities to the hubs. He is an awesome cook and really enjoys doing it.
However, there is the rare occasion when I try out a new recipe and really hit a home run.
Last night I tried a new recipe for Stuffed Pasta Shells. I used the base recipe off recipes.com and took it from there adding my own flavor:) It was sooo good I will have to say!
Here is a peek at my leftovers.
Want to try it yourself? Here is the recipe. It is really easy, quick and tasty.
- 32 jumbo pasta shells
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil, gently place pasta shells in boiling water; bring water back to boil. Cook until noodles are just tender; drain well.
- Squeeze spinach dry. Combine spinach, ricotta, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, fennel, basil and garlic in a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper; mix well.
- Spread 1/2 cup marinara sauce evenly over the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Fill each pasta shell with the spinach cheese mixture. Arrange the shells, filling side up in the baking dish. Spoon remaining marinara sauce over the shells. Sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese on top of the shells.
- Cover the pan loosely with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven until heated through; about 30 minutes.