Monday, March 8, 2010

Making Extra Income

I'm trying to think of something to do on the side before the baby comes to make some extra cash-- especially while I'm out of work. I love to sew baby gifts like cute burp cloths, onesies, pacie holders and bibs (to name a few). Im thinking of selling on Esty or Ebay. However, I'm concerned with the market being a little saturated. I think almost every crafty stay at home mom has tried this on the side. I think it's all in the fabrics you chose to use that make the items cute or not. I've been working on a couple sets to get me started. Right now I'm thinking 2 burp cloths, one bib and a pacie clip as one set.... does this sound like a good deal to you? How much would you pay for something like this, Im thinking $15.00. Would you pay this amount?
I will post photos soon, just want to get a little feedback before:)

Let me know if you think this market is too overwhelmed and how much you would pay?

All the best,
ChitChatChic

Jesse

3 comments:

  1. No clue about any of that, but it's worth a shot. You could make a bag similar to the one I showed you on kate spade. I havn't seen anyone making bags and such.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesse,

    Do you have a bunch of friends and acquaintances that are expecting or are looking for a good baby shower gift? Maybe you could do custom orders. The problem with crafting stuff is they all take major time, and people don't want to pay you for your time. BUT, if you enjoy it during your down time and just consider the money a bonus then it could work.

    I don't know a whole lot about it yet, but some people make money blogging. I'm studying it myself being a stay-at-home mom, but it takes discipline. I have a long way to go.

    Best of luck with all of it. Hope you continue having a routine pregnancy.

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think thats a really good deal for all that stuff. I did/ do the same type of stuff. Except I make dresses and tutus. Little extra money never hurts.

    ReplyDelete