Monday, February 8, 2010

Remember when 30 was old

Ive been thinking a lot about the future recently which brings up the past. Ive been thinking a lot about how I grew up and where Ive been on my journey so far.

I remember when I would get money for A's on my report card, staying up late to watch TGIF, when I would listen to the top 10 on the radio just to hear my favorite song so I could record it on a cassette (these don't even exist anymore),when I would talk on the phone constantly to all my BFFs, when cheerleading tryouts were my biggest worry, when I lived for Friday night to "shake my mamma" on the PHS platform, when I went to work to make $20.00, when I lived for getting ready with the girls for the nights festivities, when I went out every night, when I would stay up all night studying for a test I had put off, when I anticipated my college graduation, when I bought my first home, when I got engaged, when I got married, and now to starting a family of my own.

Wow how life evolves so fast! Although it feels good to know the path Ive taken was because of the bad and good decisions Ive made along the way.
My journey has been a good one so far, now I'm about to take a road Ive never been down and it's a little scary! Life Whoa

2 comments:

  1. It is crazy how time flies!! I think back often too! You are going to be such a fun mother Ms. Jesse!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary! Im so stressed over the entire thing everything from bedding to daycares to college!!!! So much to think about:)

    ReplyDelete