Monday, December 7, 2009

Count your Blessings


Someone lost their shoes

They keep track of the population - It is up to 70

One of the man made living quarters- a variety of people will share at one time.
Anna and I packing goodie bags - her ribbon curls were so much better:)

The A Group packing lunches for our visit to Tent city.



On Friday I visited Tent City in Nashville, TN. To me this area looked like a dump site but to the homeless that live there it is the only place to call home.
Upon arrival we were quickly surrounded by the people in need. One thing I noticed first hand was most were men, and I saw no children. This could be because of the guarded mentality they live by or maybe women and children stay inside the tarped homes. Inside their community you will see low fences around certain spots and only one person will come out of the area while another stays back to guard the area. Also, the areas are separated into certain clicks-- Just like neighborhoods.
Everyone was very appreciative of the lunch and grab bags we provided. I have posted some pictures of what it actually looked like.
When I was there all I could think about was the small things I take for granted like a hot shower, a roof over my head, food in the cabinet, clothes on my back and how these people worry each day whether or not they will have any of these luxuries.
So count your blessing for you never know what tomorrow may bring.
If you would like to know more about how you can help visit www.innercityministry.org

All the best,
ChitChatChic
Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment